Blogger do’s and don’ts
Today we present a short article very supportive to all our fans who write blogs .We planned to discuss the things that bloggers do and don’t while writing blogs.
Blogs may cover a wide variety of subjects on research and education, general topics, or just what’s on your mind and interesting to share. They can present ongoing research projects, relevant publications or academic discussions. Did you attend an interesting
lecture or conference or read a good book, share your review in a blog
Let,s see :
The Do’s of Blogging
You must follow this points when you are writing blogs to enhance the popularity of blogs.
- Do: Be direct. Get to the point quickly.
- Do: Be professional, but also be friendly.
- Do: Write a post with insanely useful content. Always ask: ‘How can readers benefit from this?’
- Do: Use examples and anecdotes to clarify your points.
- Do: Offer original content that has not been published before.
- Do: Find a catchy title.
- Do: Proofread and double check. Preview all drafts before publishing. Read your post backwards and make sure to spell check.
- Do: Use short sentences. Simplify complex words.
- Do: Use images. Pictures, graphics, and video will make your blog more attractive. Make sure you only use content from others if you have permission and take care of the correct copyright.
- Do: Use bullet points when possible. People love lists so use them.
- Do: Ask your readers a lot of questions and listen to what they say then blog more about it.
- Do: Blogs write your blog in English, Dutch or both languages.
- Do: Blog regularly, your audience will get back and your network will grow.
The Don’ts of Blogging
Don’t do these things when you are writing blogs
- Don’t: Ramble with run-on sentences that just keep on dragging or lengthy texts.
- Don’t: Try to cover too many topics at once. Break up content into multiple entries if needed.
- Don’t: Use profanity or unprofessional language.
- Don’t: Use other people’s stuff without permission and credit.
- Don’t: Combine too many style effects like bold, italic , or underline. Things become hard to read.
- Don’t: Write purely for search engines. Too many keywords in your post is not good. Write for the reader and your SEO will do just fine.
- Don’t: Give up. Building a blog takes time. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- Don’t: Spend all your time ‘learning’ how to blog instead of actually writing for your blog.
- Don’t: Use the blog for advertising, third party content, career events, internships, job adverts, surveys (thesis related), surveys (asking for student preferences/opinions), etc.
If you want to know the way of writing a blog post you can follow this link : https://joinwordpress.com/2021/03/30/how-to-use-word-press-to-blog-writing-blog-posts-and-creating-awesome-content/
We think that you all can get at least little experience of do and don’t thing when writing blogs though this article is short.
we will meet again another article soon.
Be with us guys